Company History

On return from military service after WW1 Charles Butt acquired his first commercial vehicle. Utilising this vehicle for his own use and as a Market Garden trader. He soon found other work transporting other growers produce around the local markets.

The need for transport services steadily grew and in 1926, William Butt joined Charles Butt and C BUTT LTD was officially formed.

The business went from strength to strength and soon became one of Northampton’s and the Midlands largest transport and warehousing service providers.

1919

Charles Butt acquired first goods vehicle.

Back To Top

1926

William Butt joins Charles Butt and C BUTT LTD is established.

Back To Top

1940

Opening of head office at Spencer Bridge Road, Northampton.

Back To Top

1950's

Periods of Nationalisation and Expansion.

Back To Top

1986

Motor Transport 'Haulier of the Year' award.

Back To Top

2002

Motor Transport 'Safety in Operations' award.

Back To Top

2003

Head Quarters at Lodge Farm Ind Est, Northampton opened.

Back To Top

2006

Opening of a 200,000sqft NDC at Magna Park, Lutterworth to service KWDL.

Back To Top

2015

Opening of first Shared User Distribution Centre in Northampton.

Back To Top